Thursday, February 10, 2011

My Very First Blog Ever

One of my Facebook friends posted this on my wall: "You should be a writer. I want to read a book with your thoughts in it. I know I will be laughing to no end."

"BLOG MEGAN..." my mind screamed at me, "YOU MUST BLOG (the capital letters are my mind screaming...I'm not angry...the letters would be bold if I was angry, ok? Besides, I'm screaming at myself - don't be so sensitive)."

Erin, I dedicate my first blog that no one will ever read to you!

I woke up at 6 am this morning.  I have to be to work by 7 am.  I keep waiting for the day I become a morning person.  I stumbled into my bathroom thinking of all the things I could skip to make up time and not be late for work.  Do I really have to brush my teeth?  No one smells my breath but me - it's one of the joys of being single.  I showered yesterday...I can totally skip it today (sniffing armpit...freshness permeates my nasal passages...awesome!).  The bedhead look is in, right; or am I a decade off...ah hell, I'll bring it back!  My clothes are clean and even hanging in the closet which means NO WRINKLES!  Score!

Peanut butter cookie for breakfast - check.

Pets wrangled - check.

Child looking (and acting) relatively civilized for the day - check.

Out the door...on time...hit my head on my car door (DAMMIT).

I'm at work.  Let the excitement unfold.  I am office warrior.  Hear me roar.

This blog can only get better, I swear.  Really.  Ease up on me, I'm new at this and truth be told; I am not that interesting.

4 comments:

  1. Awesome! You are blogging! And I get to be your first comment!

    (Okay, I'll stop with the exclamation points now.)

    YAY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have decided I like your posts too so will also try to follow your blog! :)

    ~ Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. So wonderful, Megan! I will be a follower!!!

    ReplyDelete